Sunday, September 18, 2011

It is September 18, 2011 and this is my first post! Welcome to my blog!

I decided to start a blog because I love what I do and I want to share it with as many people as possible. For me it is more about others loving what I create, which encourages me to create more, than it is about selling and making lots of money from what I do.

Growing up with a Grandmother, Ga, who surrounded herself with antiques and beautiful things from Europe, I couldn't help but to love those same kinds of things. A few  years ago I became passionate about vintage buttons when I decided to take an old jar of buttons I had displayed for decoration and make a picture frame out of them. I loved doing it! This fueled my other passions for antiquing, shopping and jewelry. I needed more buttons to keep creating so I started scouring antique shops and flea markets for vintage buttons to make jewelry and other home decor things. A year ago I opened a shop on Etsy.com called The Button Lady and now I am in the process of opening another shop called NaNa's Things - a variety of vintage things that are in my attic and basement that I have collected over the past 25 years. I am a self-admitted pack rat, but my defense has always been that I WILL use the things I have saved someday! I lived in a 1900's farmhouse for 14 years and it was Country Living at it's best. Now I live in an 1870's Victorian house and all that stuff from my farmhouse is what is in my attic and basement! Those are the things that I will be pulling out to sell on NaNa's Things. I tend to hold things like that close to my heart, because there is a memory to all of them, but I am going to do my best to part with some of them! Each time I make something new for The Button Lady shop, I say "I just might have to keep this one" (my husband will confirm this) but I eventually list it and sometimes hope it doesn't sell!

I am sure I can think of so much more to say but I will say goodnight for now....

If you want to check out my Etsy shop before I get back it is http://www.thebuttonlady3.etsy.com/

1 comment :

  1. I love this! I think it is great that you are doing a blog! i cant wait to read more! and dont get rid of everything from the williamson house! thats part of my childhood that i want for my child. I loved that house and all the things you had in it. I wish i knew your Ga i think i would have really liked her. Love you! Jena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".