Monday, February 4, 2013

Anxious for the Hunt

It's getting close but not quite here yet! Garage sale time! Antique shows! Community Thrift Sales!

I am getting anxious to get out there and see what everyone has been cleaning out of their basements and attics all winter. I am anxious to walk around collecting my vintage finds without layers of clothes, a winter jacket and scarf and heavy boots on.

I have been cleaning out a lot of my own stuff but not anything I can sell in my Etsy shop NaNa's Things. You see, Etsy has a guideline that anything labeled vintage has to be 20 or more years old. I do have ALOT that qualify for that too but I am not ready to part with them yet. I want something new that's old! I want to pick, thrift, hunt. I want to shop!

Over the long winter, thankfully, I have found some local places to pick through every now and then. There are at least three VOA's (Volunteers of America) nearby, a Goodwill and a Savers. Every now and then I get the bug to go see what they have and I usually find something worthy!

Last week on my birthday trip to Yolickity Frozen Yogurt we were right in the same plaza as Savers. So glad we went in because I found this really great retro daisy enamelware pan. It is on my kitchen counter and I will be sad if it sells!

 
 

 
I also found this great apple shaped pitcher
 

I have found so many great vintage items in the shape of an apple that I added a section to my shop call Vintage Apple Items. Just stopped in at the East Rochester VOA today and found this great ceramic apple cookie jar to add to the rest!

 
A cute owl bank, a solid brass mardi gras mask, some embroidered dish towels, a rooster tablecloth, some 70's faux woodgrain plastic boxes.....these are a few of my favorite things.........this week! Like the thrift stores, my shop is changing constantly as I add my new treasures. Stop by and visit sometime!
 
Can't wait to see what I'll find next week!

AnnMarie :)
 

10 comments :

  1. I have the same bug to get out and shop, but have been to tired to fight the crowds. It is the snowbirds here in FL we have to wade through not the snow drifts! I will get out on Sat. am this weekend. I just long to.
    Love your apple collection and you have a great shop lots of good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the urge to thrift, myself. It is almost like a fever, isn't it? :)
    I"m off to explore your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!! :D
    what about following each other?
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for follow me dear!
    follow you back :)
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apple pitcher is adorable!! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnnMarie - you're a girl after my own heart. I've been hunting already. I've been to the same VOA in ER (country club plaza). Bought a men's dress shirt there which I used as the back side of a pillow cover. The button placket is great for moving the pillow in and out for laundering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I eagerly (and anxiously) await the warmer weather simply for it's beauty :) I was telling my 3 year old today that the now naked, sad bush will be blooming full of flowers soon enough :) As far as yard sales, both my Mom and I love them, but we live in a small place... but I still can't help getting things I really fall for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those vintage apple items!!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting, AnnMarie. I feel the same way, love food blogs and the inspiration they give me. Following back on twitter and GFC. ~ Paula pmctunejones@gmail.com http://www.callmepmc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnnMarie those are some amazing finds. Can't wait to see wait other treasure you find this summer. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'Freedom Friday Blog Hop'. Have a great weekend!
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".