Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Very Vintage Christmas



I look forward every month to sharing on the Every Room in the House Blog party on Nancy's blog, A Joyful Cottage.


For the month of December you can join in by choosing the room for the Deck The Halls theme.

I have chosen the parlor in my Victorian home to link up.


I decided that since I am such a vintage junkie, I wanted all my Christmas decor to be true vintage this year. I had some vintage already and I found some new treasures to add. I am so excited about the red tree I found and posted about here. I had wondered if I could decorate it with my victorian ornaments, that usually go on a white tree. I think so!

Before

After



While out picking one day I came upon this wonderful ceramic set at one of my favorite thrift stores. I am always looking for things to sell in my Etsy shop, but when I saw this I knew it had to go on the mantel in my parlor. It is way too heavy and fragile to ship anyways!





I made the wreath several years ago and with a little revamping, it completes the scene. I added my JOY banner that I found on Etsy last year and added a pearlescent string of pearls, woven in and out of the four ceramic pieces. A lighted pearlescent garland makes a pretty illuminated back drop.




I put my white "Nana's" tree on the top of my book cupboard this year. I found this beautiful, unique tree with the round multicolored bulbs last year at a thrift store in a box marked "Nanas Tree".


The angel is from the 50's. She is a tree topper with a gold mesh dress, a paper mache head and is holding a plastic poinsettia.




On the window seat to the left of the red tree is my look-alike Putz winter church scene and to the left of that is my nativity that I have had over 20 years. It appears in different places each holiday decorating season, but I always find a place for it.




The side table is perfect for my kitschy nativity made of plastic. I just love the vintage, hand painted messy look of it and it fits great next to my ceramic tree that is so unique. It is hollowed out in the back with a bulb that lights the multicolors in the front and casts a shadow on the wall in the back.



I did not know what to do with my round table between the two wing chairs. I didn't want to block any part of the window seat but the room needed more light despite the lit up trees and the garland. I love the look of decorating with a vanity mirror so I put my small pink Victorian lamp on a small rectangular mirror and then added the vintage beaded safety pin tree.



At night it helps to light up the whole scene. The abundance of snow from the nor'easter that made it's way through our area adds so much charm to the scene.


This is the first room you see when you enter from the hallway......I wanted it to be as inviting as possible while keeping the character of my Victorian home.


Happy Decorating!

AnnMarie xoxo

I am linking up at these great blog parties:

Every Room in the House
Let's Talk Vintage
Thriftasaurus
A Return to Lovliness
Creating Christmas Link Party
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Pink Saturday
Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party
A Bouquet of Talent Party
Thrifted Merry Christmas Blog Hop
Masterpiece Monday
Make It Monday
Show and Share
Vintage Inspiration Party
Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends

20 comments :

  1. Your room is very inviting and beautiful, AnnMarie! I just love that red Christmas tree and seeing it all decorated brought a smile to my face :)

    Enjoy your day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your red room and tree! I was thinking when they announced the Pantone color of the year, masala (burgundy red) that those of us who love historic homes know this color well and have never stopped appreciating it's rich tone. Thanks for inviting us into your wonderful home and sharing your vintage collections. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bay window looks beautiful all decked out in it's vintage finery. I was just thinking that I wished that I had my dad's old silver tree. He used to hook up a rotating color wheel as an up light for it. I could do without his light show and be happy with the tree!
    Enjoy the beauty of your decor throughout the Holiday!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very enjoyable Christmas tour through your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful decked out for Christmas. And, of course, I love all things vintage!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming Victorian home! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear AnnMarie, Your living room looks so pretty. I love the decorations. My mom made a ceramic tree many years ago with me in ceramic class. It is very special to me. It looks like your tree and lights up too; only it has a back.
    These are so many beautiful holiday decorations with warm memories.
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your vintage touches! I have a red tree but have not brought it out. Thank you for joining THT. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, AnnMarie. What a lovely welcome your guest have as they enter your festive home. Everything looks so sparkly sweet at the bay window and I love the red Christmas tree!

    Happy Christmas!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnnMarie your Christmas decorations are so beautiful! I hope you and your family have a wonderful season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely and fitting for the season! I enjoyed your displays ... and I was thinking how much fun you must have had decorating. I also had to chuckle because I just took pictures of some vintage candle holders that were in a box marked "Nana's Candles" or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, AnnMarie! Your red tree is lovely and the whole arrangement on the window seat with the nativity and Putz scene is just terrific. Happy holidays to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I love your nativity scene the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your red tree is beautiful! Everything is so fun and festive. I hope you and your family have a very blessed holiday season - CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous! I love the red tree so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little red tree is decorated so prettily. I love all the vintage touches you have included in your decorations. How could anyone give away Nana's tree!?! Thanks for sharing at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your vintage Christmas Ann Marie! The red tree is decorated gorgeously and I love Nana's tree! Thanks for sharing with Creating Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi AnnMarie! I know I already commented, but I wanted to say thanks for linking up at our Thrifted Merry Christmas Blog Hop, and Merry Christmas, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly a vintage Christmas, AnnMarie. Some of your decorations brought back precious memories of past Christmases I've enjoyed. Thanks for sharing at Every Room In The House. You'll be featured at tomorrow's Finale party. Happy New Year and Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".