Thursday, November 30, 2017

Christmas Decor - New Every Year


I have been waiting since the Spring to use my
Seasons Greetings crate and birch logs!

I found both this past Spring and Summer at
yard sales.

I shop year round for Christmas decorating ideas.
I have firmly adopted the "buy it when you see it" rule.



My decorating for Christmas is mostly Winter
décor so I can leave it up longer. I sprinkle a little
Christmas in there to make it festive 
over the holidays.

The picture is straight....it is the floor and my cupboard literally leans to the left!

I have a random approach to holiday decorating.
I have lots of options stored in the basement 
so something is there for wherever my decorating
senses take me. 

Although I take pictures every year of my décor
I don't even look at them for ideas the current year!

I like it to be spontaneous.

I also buy new stuff every year, according to 
what tickles my fancy (and what's on sale!)

Like the window seat with all Christmas pillows.


It is decked out with all kinds of pillows year round
but I didn't have enough Christmas pillows for 
the whole seat.

After I saw Cecilia's post at My Thrift Store Addiction
with all the pillows lined up on her couch, 
I made it my mission to go get some.

With crazy good coupons for Michael's and JoAnn's
I found a good assortment.

The Joy pillow is from last year's after Christmas sales,
one of the things I look forward to every year!


I found this fabulous Peace pillow at TJ Maxx last year 
after Christmas for $5! It is all felt.


And then there are those thrift store finds I bought
to sell in my Etsy shop and just had to keep!
Like this sweet rocking chair and the hand painted
winter scene bowl.


New this year is the JOY basket filled with greens, another after
Christmas sale find last year.



The globe with pinecones is new also, and it lights up,
apparently only when it wants to (it is switched on)!



I have a plaid/woodland theme going in my dining room. The plaid 
cooler, tote bag and thermos (from above) are all garage sale
finds. My collection of deer can be seen scattered
around the room.




I came back to edit the picture of my dining room centerpiece. Once
again I was inspired by a post from Cecilia at My Thrift Store
Addiction and had to make a cake stand centerpiece of my own.




There's also snowmen and Santa's scattered about,
both of which I have a huge collection of.
They all don't make it out every year :-(




In the kitchen I tried something new this year.
I saw this idea at Kingsbury Brook Farm
and had to try it.

Lucky for me, on a recent visit to Rustiques (my former booth) 
there were vintage garlands at 50% off.
I bought a few and made my own small wreaths.
I had the ribbon and decided it was
enough to make a statement.





They turned out a little bigger than I thought I'd
want but I am living with it!

(I have to apologize for the quality of pictures. My house is
so hard to photograph! I tried all different times of 
day and lighting and this is the best I got)




My centerpiece on the island is a retro camper, tree and
woody station wagon I put together in a huge
apothecary jar that I found in Skaneateles, NY.
There is one thrift store there so I always have to
check it out. The jar caught my eye immediately.



I found the retro aqua reindeer towel at Walmart.


I made the Let It Snow sign last year after
seeing it on another blog. I found
the wood board already painted
aqua and distressed at 
Goodwill and bought it not knowing
what I would use it for.




The Parlor and Living room décor will have to wait
for another post. Partly because this post is too long
and partly because the tree is standing in
the living room undecorated still!


I do have to show you my recent $5 find at Walmart though.


I do very little decorating in the bathroom, usually just
this window. I did get a snowman soap dispenser
to help get to the minimum required to use my
coupon at JoAnn's for the pillows.
It's perfect that I did because then
I found this!


I think it's my favorite decoration so far this year!

Till next time.....

AnnMarie xoxo

I am linking up with these great blog parties:
Vintage Charm
Share Your Cup
Thought "Full" Thursdays
Holiday Link Party
Home Sweet Home
Share Your Style
Best of the Weekend
Anything Goes Pink Saturday
Happiness is Homemade
Home for Christmas Bloggers Link Party

35 comments :

  1. Pinned the stack of suitcases with the basket with "Joy" attached.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many cute things to decorate with and cute ideas. I love the crate, your snow sign and those cute pillows. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I love the stacked pillows and the wreaths hanging. Very fun! The suitcase stack is terrific too. Lots of marvelous ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - your pictures had me fascinated :-) I adore rooting around antique stores and you have so many beautiful christmas goodies that I am now motivated to complete my decorating this weekend. Thank you so much for a lovely and happy post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I would love to have a bo peep at all your decorations in the basement! I can only imagine what pretties are gathered down there. Your home, AnnMarie is looking a Christmas vision splendid. As I 'walked' through each room I could not but smile at all the lovely Christmassy touches everywhere. Love the window seat filled with the gorgeous cushions and the suitcases stacked upon each truly are 'joyful'. The snowman curtain in the bathroom is fun. Your Seasons Greetings crate is very cool and LOVE those white skates hiding underneath. I cannot wait to see your Christmas tree decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh AnnMarie, your Christmas decor is so festive and inviting! So funny, I have just been working on kitchen wreaths ;) I love the finds in your first photo, the luggage display and your shower curtain! Your window seat looks fabulous--thanks for the shout out! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your centerpiece is darling, too! Love the little deer ;)

      Delete
  6. AnnMarie, your house is so festive!! I love that crate and the birch logs. What an amazing find. Of course that shower curtain is fabulous too! It truly is the little things!! Merry Happy Home Decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stack of vintage luggage! Very unique! You look like you are all set and ready to enjoy the holiday month and your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are adorable! Last year we got the lighted Christmas toilet. Sigh... But I do love all my Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage stuff! I'm much like you--I find things all summer at garage sales, and then I have to wait so-o-o long before I can decorate with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like buying things when they are on sale too, and not waiting until the last minute. Your seasons greeting crate is gorgeous, I love the touch of the skates too! All of your decor is full of charm, and just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all of your decor! We have very similar styles! SUCH a great idea for adding the wreaths to the kitchen cupboards. I'm definitely going to try that. I too take pics each year but like you, rarely reference them. I tend to add just a few new pieces each year but am now trying to replace, not add as we are downsizing. So while I may use the same things, I move them around or combine in different ways. I too have suitcases stacked in my living room as a side table - love the colors of yours and the way you decorated! It all looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks lovely, all decked out for Christmas. Loving the vignettes you created. The window seat is so pretty. Happy Sunday and than k you for sharing your lovely posts at Dishing It & Digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is all looking so nice. Love your thrift finds. I picked up a Merry Christmas pillow just the other day at Goodwill. I was so excited to find it since I don't have any Christmas pillows. I used to decorate all my rooms too, now it is just the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your decorating style Ann Marie! I too adopt that motto of buying it when you see it. I pick up vintage Christmas any time of year. Also, I don't look back at last years Christmas until after I am done decorating for this year. Love mixing it up each year! I love your display with the birch logs and your suitcase stack is darling! I love cake plates and have three with deer on them on my table this year too. Yours is darling! Cecilia is always full of inspiration. I love that Walmart towel. I'm going there tomorrow and hoping they still might have it. My snowmen did not make it out this year, but think I may pull them out for January. We'll see. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have similar decorating styles--every corner is too cute. I keep my eye out at all the second hand and thrifts for gems!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann Marie, I adore your vintage Christmas. What a statement those lovely suitcases make. I love how you think outside the box. I struggle with that at times. How did you get those wreaths to stay up? Love that idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnnMarie, you do find the best things! I need to start buying things that I love without hesitating. I'm the girl who walks away and then goes back...sometimes regretting the walk away part.

    That joy pillow is adorable! I love the suitcases and pretty bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always say I'm going to plan ahead and buy things early, but rarely do.

    You have a knack for finding the perfect things to add to your festive home Ann Marie! Everything looks so pretty!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is so cozy and cute, Ann Marie! Very festive for the holidays!! I miss my Christmas shower curtain - I think I need to put a rod up over the glass doors in the guest bath so I can use it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You really went all out AnnMarie. Your home look sso festive, and it's very smart of you to use mainly things you can keep out all winter. Love that cake stand centerpiece. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello AnnMarie and Happy December. I love how you decorated your whole house so pretty for winter and the holidays. The wreaths on the kitchen cabinets are really cute. I hope you enjoy the next few weeks.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. So festive and I also love the crate and birch logs! Great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spontaneity works for you, AnnMarie! love the birch logs in the crate, and the Peace pillow speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet friend, your home is so beautiful and charming! I am in love with your pillows on the window seat. Simply stunning!

    I always think of you when I pull out the jar with the deer inside...you know, the one you made me {{smiles}}

    Thank you for showing us your delightful home. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cheerful and warm and inviting! I adore your Christmas wreaths in your oh-so-welcoming kitchen - and that stack of luggage is to die for! Lovely and nostalgic holiday festive feeling to your decorating - not over the top - but spot on celebratory and intriguing. Thanks for sharing!
    And, belatedly, happy pink saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi AnnMarie: Your pretty home looks so cozy and cheerful. Love the wreaths that you put on your kitchen cupboards. I am finding it hard to take pictures this year also. Everything comes out blurry because of low light. Good thing for digital or I would never have any to show for it as they look good to me until they go on the computer. That is a great collection of luggage in just the right colors. Happy Weekend and thanks for your kind visit..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely LOVE your eclectic style! The piece that really caught my eye was the white ceramic Christmas tree. It brought back so many memories of my childhood. I love your touches of winter everywhere. I wish I could be so creative :).

    Thanks again for linking up at #Thoughtfullthursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything looks so festive and cozy, AnnMarie! I am loving all your collections and vignettes. The pillow collection is so cute and how wonderful is your window bench?. I love taking peeks around your beautiful home. Love your old leaning cupboard and the beautiful painted woodwork. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home looks so warm and welcoming, AnnMarie. There are so many things that I like - from the crate to the suitcases, the rocking chair, the tea towels, really too many lovely things to list them all. But that shower curtain! A winner!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Belas ideias natalícias. Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh your shower curtain is adorable! I am looking for a menorah but unlikely to ever to find one here in the rural midwest. Merry Christmas! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many cute ideas here! Thanks so much for linking up at the Home For Christmas link party!
    Amber
    Follow The Yellow Brick Home

    ReplyDelete
  33. That snowman shower curtain is just adorable, AnnMarie! Your home always looks charming and inviting, and seems the perfect house for Christmas. Love all your pretty decorations. The wreaths in the kitchen are so festive. You do such a great job of putting it all together. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".