Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Vintage Kitchen

In an effort to replenish my Etsy shop after a very good holiday sales season, I have been thrifting every chance I get.

It just occurred to me that out of the last 14 items I have found, 12 of them are kitchen items.

Hmmmm......

Is this the time of year to clean out the kitchen? I know it is the time to get new bedding and linens, clear out clutter and clean, clean, clean.

I guess the kitchen is a big part of that.

Good for me! I found some great vintage kitchen items and I have been furiously listing them in my shop.

Here they are in no particular order:

This pitcher makes me want to redecorate my kitchen in pigs! Or maybe pink and add pigs! I thought it was so cute when I found it. It is made by KMC and available here.




This classic kitchen icon is such a great find. Perfect to add a little whimsy to your kitchen. He is from 1988 and is available here.




You gotta love a good enamelware pot, if you are at all into vintage. I happen to have an obsession with it! I have a whole section of enamelware in my shop. This classic white pot with red trim is available here.




Another cookie jar, as five of my new found treasures are cookie jars. This one is from Hyalyn Pottery and has a pretty wildflower design on one side....



....and an orange and yellow floral design on the other. It is quite large and made of porcelain. It is available here.




Remember these cute little froggys? They are from the 70's/80's and hold your scrubby sponge at your kitchen sink. This one is large and has been hand painted with flowers and a butterfly. It is available here.




These two cookie jars are from the Pfalzgraff Treasure Craft collection. There are yellow pears on one and peaches on the other. The blue and white checks are the Hopscotch design. They are available here and here.



Oh, if only I had room on my counter tops for a sweet cookie jar or a nice vintage milk glass canister set like this one from Wheaton. I would have my pick, wouldn't I? It is available here.




Another item I do not have room on my counter top for but wish I did, is a paper towel holder. This one was made in France and is white painted cast iron. There is a cute rooster on top for that French Farmhouse style kitchen. It is available here.


This mason jar style canister is great for anything, as it's name La Cuisine implies.  How about cookies? It is available here.



Lastly, this enamel coffee pot has a retro look to it with it's collection of 60's style kitchen items on it. Fill it with cookies. Just kidding! It makes a great vase though. It is available here.




Oops, I just realized I said 12 kitchen items and I only showed you eleven. There is one more great milk glass Hamilton Beach Pyrex mixing bowl available in my shop, in case you are needing one to, you know, mix things in. Like baked goods that you will be making on these cold wintry days.




What will my next thrifting adventure turn up?

Stay tuned....

AnnMarie xoxo

I am sharing with these great blog parties:




23 comments :

  1. What treasures! You have been busy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks you love kitchen things! Well, who doesn't -- and you've found some very cute ones there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many really, really cool treasures, AnnMarie! I was poking around your shop and I need to come back when I have more time. I love that Pillsbury cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh....a pink kitchen sounds like an excellent idea to me. So many pretty vintage items to be seen here. Love the cookie jar blossoming with flowers and yes, I heartily concur that a vintage gal can never have too much kitchen enamelware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, AnnMarie!

    Glad to hear that you had a very good Christmas season selling your wonderful wares. The red and white enamelware pan is perfect for my kitchen, and the charming cookie jar, with the pretty wildflower bouquet is definitely my style.

    Best of luck with your Etsy shop and wishing you a happy and healthy 2018!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great items, AnnMarie. We used to sell vintage kitchen utensils very swiftly in our booths...until all the other vendors who work the sales counter saw our sales.....now they all sell them. That happens a LOT to us in our booth spaces.:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gearing up for the New Year! So many cute things Ann Marie. Happy New Year. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnnMarie, you did find some neat things. I don't have any room for anything else on my counters either, OR in my cupboards. I will have to move myself out of the house if I get anything else..So glad you had profitable Christmas sales..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!!
    May this New Year be special in every way ... bringing you the gift of love and excitement.
    I will introduce Japanese New Year's customs.
    In Japan, there is a New Year holiday where family and relatives get together.
    On New Year, Japanese children receive gifts of money known as "Otoshidama".
    Otoshidama is given to children by adult relatives such as uncles, aunts and grandparents.
    The amount of Otoshidama grows as the child older, for example, 1000 yen for children under 10, and 3000 yen for children over 10.
    Otoshidama is one of the exciting traditions of New Year, which children look forward to very much.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found great things! I like the frog for your scrubbies! It's much better than just having your scrubby sitting on the sink dripping water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some great stuff! That enamelware pot really brings back memories....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff! I love enamelware but don't HAVE any -- I just think it's so cool. Love the coffee pot too - such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun finds, AnnMarie! I always think of my grandmother when I see enamel ware. That coffee pot is so cute! Glad to hear you had a great season in your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you had a good sales for the holiday, AnnMarie. You are sure to have more with this fun selection. The enamel coffee pot caught my eye with its colorful decoration, enamel seems to be very popular these days.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have been busy with all these finds! I love enamelware as well, but I tend to put it to use more in my garden than anything, I just love flowers spilling out of them. I wish you continued success with your online business! Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you had such a good season of sales Ann Marie! You've found some great new things. I love red and white enamel pans and have a nice collection in my basement kitchen. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your vintage kitchen treasures! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always loved kitchen items especially dishes and I have very little counter space I bet not 6 feet in my small kitchen
    you find a lot of good stuff girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute things - I just scooped up the enamel pan....:) Hope you are staying warm and cozy! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. You found some great things! My grandmother was really into couponing and refunding in the 1980's. She acquired a Pillsbury Dough Boy Cookie Jar like the one you found through a refund offer. I have it now in a closet. Now that I've seen yours, I'm reminded of how cute he is and I think I'll put him out on display!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All good finds, Ann Marie! I need to get out and thrift. I was hoping to today, but the snow brought the kids home early from school. Next week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi AnnMarie, well you sure found some great treasures once again to replenish your shop. Congrats on a great year of selling in 2017. It really ended well and I too am trying to fill the shelves. This time of year is exciting starting all anew along with the organizing, cleaning and so on!!!! Wishing you the best and have a great rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".