Wednesday, December 7, 2016

There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays....



"Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
 'Cause no matter how far away you roam
 When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
 For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home…"


Perry Como first sang that classic song in 1954, and although it was before I was born (a little bit!), I love that era and try to capture the magic of it with my vintage Christmas decorating.


Welcome to my home where I love to create vignettes for Christmas out of my vintage treasures....







Walk through my narrow hallway into the parlor.....



In keeping with the style and decor of the Parlor, I have done a totally new look on the mantel. I found the large paned window at a yard sale this summer for $5 and did not know what I was going to do with it....


I had the wreath and angel candlesticks from years ago and I found the JOY sign at Aldi's. It lights up at night. I also put fairy lights behind the window.


A trio of trees light up my vintage table....



I first set my 1980's nativity up like this last year and this year added the fairy lights inside the cloche....



This side table is one of my favorite vignettes for it's vintage appeal....



Next into the dining room, where I have decorated the most. I love the freshly painted walls after living 20 years with busy wallpaper. I tried to keep it simple but it was a blank canvas!!






The pretty tree ornament was made by Stephanie from Rose Petal Blessings.







I just made this cute aqua sign. I saw the simple tutorial on Kimberley's Seaside Ave. blog. I had everything I needed and it was done in no time. My daughter is hinting to me to make her one!




The kitchen is very simple. I usually do a vintage tree with deer vignette on top of the fridge but since we are buying ourselves a new black stainless refrigerator for Christmas, I am holding off. It arrives next week!!



I love this cute gnome, a gift from my husband. I may have to start a collection....





I have had the Santa, reindeer and tree for over 25 years. They are hand cut tin made by a local tinsmith.


And finally to the living room, with the star of the decorating....THE TREE! Can you tell I am excited?!  If you were following me last year you may remember my handmade door tree that I reluctantly put up in lieu of a real tree because of a pair of 5 month old kittens. It was cute but I really wanted a real tree again. So far so good with the kitties, who are now a year and 5 months old.

I hung lemon slices from the bottom branches to deter naughtiness and it seems to be working. Kitties don't like citrus!





I was able to once again put all my ornaments out that I have had since I was a child plus my kids ornaments from when they were children, and a few new ones mixed in. The garland is Fun Fur yarn and I love the old fashioned look it gives the tree.

The fresh fir smell of the tree is intoxicating!

Cyrus and Sprite, you better behave throughout the holidays!!

My granddaughter Cassidy painted the cute hand tree and the Santa is hand painted by a local artist.


I found this vintage ceramic tree at a church youth bazaar and bought it with the intention of selling it. It is missing it's star on top so until I find one, I will just have to decorate with it! (oh, darn!) The tree skirt is vintage made of  felt with sequins and is currently for sale in my Etsy shop.




Believe it or not I still have a few more places to finish decorating, and a few more kinds of cookies to bake.

Now that I have two booths (post about that in the future!) and an Etsy shop, it may not all get done!

I am enjoying what I have done so far and it is definitely enough!


Are you done decorating yet?


AnnMarie xoxo

I am linking up with these fun blog parties:




34 comments :

  1. So many festive touches, AnnMarie! Love the snowman on top of your vintage luggage and the darling truck vignette in your kitchen. I love that song ;) Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot done! I love all you sweet little vignettes and bits and pieces of Christmas. Your front bay(?) window is just gorgeous. I took a clip of that 'hand tree' for my dil. I think that would be so cute for her little guy to do.
    Hoping you have a great rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful! I love all the vintage items. Truly makes for an old fashioned Christmas. And, there truly is no place like home for the holidays! Have a lovely rest of the week.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun decorations! I have my tree up and decorated but have a bit more to put out this weekend. I want to bake some cookies also but lets see if I get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi AnnMarie, Your home is so festive and inviting for Christmas. Love all your wonderful vintage treasures. Yes, there is no place like home for the holidays. Have a great rest of the week and weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how there is something to look at in lots of different places. Your tree is beautiful, AnnMarie! Glad you were able to put one up again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet AnnMarie, where do I even begin? I love everything! Your Christmas decora is ever so pretty and charming. LOVE the ice skates and your stacked luggage looks amazing.

    Your many trees and Christmas accents are simply perfect and beckon for people to come in and enjoy. Thank you for giving us a tour, dear friend.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of my favourite songs for sure. You look like you're all ready for Christman. I can't believe you still have some more to do. All your vignettes are so lovely to look at. Love your collection of old suitcases. Isn't it fun to be able to have a tree this year? I didn't know about the lemon slice trick. Our 4 cats are pretty good, but Salty gets in the mood to bat a branch every so often. lol. I can't really blame him, but I think I'll give the lemon slices a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you really went all out - you did far more decorating than I did this year, for sure! Looks great, I love all the vintage touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnnMarie, your home is beautiful, I love it all...I love each and every Christmas decoration...especially your red tinsel tree - I have never seen red before - it's so pretty!
    And your Let It Snow sign turned out perfect...looks like you may be making at least one more now! ;)
    Enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful set of pictures! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful decorations with us :) I love the vintage feel you've got going. I remember seeing a bunch of those things growing up when I went to visit my great aunt. I actually have one of those ceramic lighted Christmas trees! They're really cool. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house looks wonderful! I like the table with those 3 trees on it. I also have a vintage Christmas tree from my grandma, who was an antique dealer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have I told you how much I love your luggage? I'm kind of a sucker for them for some reason :). You've done so much with your home this year, and the vintage touches really do make for an old fashioned Christmas..the best kind.

    Fabulous job on the sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your Christmas. The Ceramic trees are so precious. My granny had a ceramic tree and after she passed away my niece was gifted it. One Christmas she went to take it out of the box and dropped it and it shattered. We all cried! But it sure does bring back lots of memories. I love all of your vintage Ann Marie. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you got your live tree Ann Marie. I do miss the days when we had one. I love all of your fun Christmas! The little gnome is so cute and I love the enamel pot and truck on your island. I may need to make one of those snow signs for January. :) Each picture was a delight! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your decorating is just perfect and your home is just right for a vintage holiday!! I am so glad your kitties are behaving and you are able to enjoy the tree again. I know what rascals those fur babies can be at holiday time! I just saw tree like that at an antique shop, I believe it was the very one...same base. It had all its pieces and they wanted $25. I wasn't sure so I stepped away. I ended up finding a small white and gold one at a thrift store for two bucks. I grabbed that one! The light bulbs are missing but I found them online. A company called Darice I believe. They sell the stars, too...Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi AnnMarie - I always love seeing your lovely home! I am in love with your front porch and window seat and you have decorated everything so beautifully. I have the same nativity that you have under the dome! Love the kitchen table vignette and your new mantel vignette with the window, too. You are one busy gal, keeping up with your lovely home, your big family, and your business, too. I am still decorating.....by the time I will be done, I will have to take it all down - haha! It's so fun, though, isn't it? Hope you are finding some time to relax and enjoy your beautiful and festive home this weekend. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and enchanting decorations .. I love the gnome, he is so much cute..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi AnnMarie~your home is just beautiful. I so enjoyed the tour and the beauty of your decorating. Sigh...
    My brother had a little red truck just like that one you have shared with us, and what a darling way to display it.
    You have a very welcoming home~

    ReplyDelete
  20. complimenti la tua casa decorata per natale è bellissima !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so right there is no place like home for the holidays! I can hear that same song and feel a surge of joy in my heart!
    Love how you went all out and enjoyed the season. Your home is perfect for vintage decor. I love it all and oh that luggage:)
    Just opened up my vintage French pitcher and I adore it, it is in such good condition!
    Happy Monday,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your decorations are amazing, AnnMarie. I love the feeling it creates of an old fashioned Christmas. Your suitcase tree is really cute. I'll have to try your idea with the lemon slices - we have an artificial tree and our kitty likes to chew on the branches (I think he's a little confused)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We have one of those ceramic trees. We still have it from the 70's! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your porch is so welcoming.

    I love all your vignettes and decorations, but my favorite is the red and white patchwork stocking. I want to make one, but never think of it until Christmas when I don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So much vintage goodness to create a very charming Christmas decor throughout your home.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the vintage vibe of your decorations, so festive and welcoming. I think the last photo is my favorite one.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi AnnMarie, I just love the snowman outside on your porch. The inside is so nice and I love the country feel to it. My moms other house was decorated very similar to yours! :)
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. AnnMarie, I love all of your decorations! Your home is so warm and inviting! I spy a few things that I have as well...treasures that I've found along the way but remind me of days gone by. I also love the Christmas music from years ago....makes me feel all warm and cozy! :-) Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What darling little scenes! I had to smile to myself when I saw the same reindeer pillow that I have, except yours looks so much cuter. I could use your help with my front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do remember your tree from last year; you found a perfect spot for it on the rustic bench. Love every one of your charming vintage decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your home looks so festive, AnnMarie. It's so obvious by the photos and your words that you love Christmas. I think it's really special that your stick with the vintage and antique decorations. Perfect for your house. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All of your decorations look so festive and lovely. I particularly like your twig snowman. My front porch looks so pathetic at holiday time. I just never know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's hard to believe Christmas came and went so fast. Your decorations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your Christmas decor was decked out so beautifully, AnnMarie! I love all the vignettes but especially the trio of trees and the red pickup with the tree in the trunk! I'm also really liking the turquoise/red combo I've been seeing in blogland lately, and you have some of that mix happening here, too. So festive!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".