Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Cheddar Apple Bread



There are those foods every Fall, usually comfort foods, that conjure up memories of years past and have become staples in my kitchen.

This Cheddar Apple Bread is one of them.



I don't know where I got this recipe, some 30 years ago, and that is how long I have been making it. Can you tell?



I searched my own blog to see if I had ever posted the recipe, but I had not.

You are in for a treat today.


Cheddar Apple Bread

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup margarine/butter, melted
2 cups (8 oz.) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled apples
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Combine dry ingredients. Add combined eggs, milk and margarine to dry; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into well greased and floured loaf pan.

Bake at 350, 65-70 minutes or until tester comes out clean (my oven only takes 60 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes. One loaf.

*********

I made the recipe twice, in two separate bowls, to get 2 loaves. I do not know how it would do if I just doubled everything in one bowl.

It is a very dense bread, each loaf weighing almost 2 1/2 pounds. It goes great with Butternut Squash soup, Meatloaf, Chili, Stew.....

Enjoy! Happy Fall!

AnnMarie xoxo

I am linking up with these blog parties:

19 comments :

  1. Looks delish - I just took zucchini-pineapple bread out of the oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bread looks and sounds so good. It bet tastes delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great recipe and I love the idea of having it with chili and stews.
    I have never been disappointed with any recipe you have shared with us.

    Have a great rest of your week~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put the kettle on, AnnMarie, and I will be over for a cuppa and a slice of that delicious cheddar and apple bread. It looks delicious. I must try your recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...this looks divine! I'm copying that recipe and will definitely give it a try! I love homemade breads and they make the house smell so wonderful! WOW...that is dense... 2 1/2 pounds per loaf!! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Marie, this bread looks sooooo good! I need a slice with my coffee. LOL! I haven't made any homemade bread in a while. Need to do that. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something different and looks delicious. Have you ever made it in muffin tins? I plan to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yum! I am going to bake this for my sweet, little mother-in-law. She loves sweets and apples, and I think she would love this. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good, and filling since it's so dense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning, Ann Marie... this bread looks positively yummy! I sent your link to my sister - she's having company this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow...this sounds amazing. I am off to pin it so I can make it when this silly cold disappears!! Have a wonderful fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious, AnnMarie. May have to be a side for Thanksgiving..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds and looks absolutely delicious, AnnMarie--perfect for your snowy weather, lol. Love the beat up old recipe; it may need to be framed some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This bread sounds so good. Pinned. Found you on Best of the Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ann Marie... Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is the link to that Saturday 9. http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/ Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apple bread without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze... don't ask me where I heard it, and it doesn't sound very politically correct, but the bread looks amazing :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, my friend! I must say that I am very intrigued by this bread. I never would have thought to combine cheddar cheese and apples together. Thank you for sharing and I really must try it soon :)

    Also, I LOVE your "new" bathroom. Wow, what a transformation. The black accent wall is perfect and looks great with the floor. Beautiful job, my friend.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, yes, this is right up alley! You do share the best recipes, AnnMarie. Pinning and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm, I could swear I left a comment here....in any event, looks amazing and thanks for sharing at Best Of The Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".