Thursday, October 17, 2019

Hello friends!

So, I am starting to miss posting here, 
chatting with my blog friends
 and being all wrapped up in the blogging world. 

I was having major issues with Blogger or Google 
or whoever though, so I am hesitant to start up again. 
This is a re-post from last year of one of my 
favorite things to bake in the Fall. 

I recently just baked a Cheddar Apple Bread
 which gave me the idea to use this post as kind 
of a way to put feelers out there to see
 if y'all are still around! 

If you can, drop me a line to let me know that you got this. 

Thank you ahead of time!


There are those foods every Fall, usually comfort foods, that conjure up memories of years past and have become staples in my kitchen.

This Cheddar Apple Bread is one of them.



I don't know where I got this recipe, some 30 years ago, and that is how long I have been making it. Can you tell?



I searched my own blog to see if I had ever posted the recipe, but I had not.

You are in for a treat today.


Cheddar Apple Bread

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup margarine/butter, melted
2 cups (8 oz.) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled apples
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Combine dry ingredients. Add combined eggs, milk and margarine to dry; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into well greased and floured loaf pan.

Bake at 350, 65-70 minutes or until tester comes out clean (my oven only takes 60 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes. One loaf.

*********

I made the recipe twice, in two separate bowls, to get 2 loaves. I do not know how it would do if I just doubled everything in one bowl.

It is a very dense bread, each loaf weighing almost 2 1/2 pounds. It goes great with Butternut Squash soup, Meatloaf, Chili, Stew.....

Enjoy! Happy Fall!

AnnMarie xoxo

15 comments :

  1. That sounds delicious AnnMarie - and yes, we're still here! I've been missing for a while, just busy busy busy....so glad to get a break from the weddings for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm delighted you are here and even more so that your first post is this wonderful sounding recipe! YUM! I've got to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it! Have missed reading about things from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there, AnnMarie! So nice to see a post from you again! I know you said you never posted this on your blog, but I got this exact recipe last year and made it for my mother-in-law! It was absolutely delicious! For the life of me, I thought I found it here on your blog. Wherever I saw it the first time, I am so happy you posted it today so I could see it again! I am going to try making it using honey, instead of white sugar and see how it turns out. Thanks for this reminder!! So happy you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m still here Annmarie, and welcome back! I’ve stopped posting as well for various reasons, some of which are tech issues. I’m on WordPress but now I can’t comment on blogger blogs unless i am using chrome which I never do. It’s a pain, but just wanted to let you know I’m here and even if I don’t care moment I’m reading :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just printed off this recipe, as I have some apples and cheddar cheese to use up :) I just posted today for the first time in over a month, definitely had such a busy summer but I am hoping to catch up more on blogging too, as it is the friendships that I miss too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to visit your lovely place again, AnnMarie; I have missed visiting you. This recipe looks delicious. Wish oh wish I could sit on that front porch of yours with you and enjoy a slice or two with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to read your post AnnMarie. Lovely Cheddar/Apple Bread.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi AnneMarie, it's so nice to hear from you and miss you and your blog posts! I remember you posting this recipe last fall. This recipe for apple cheddar bread looks like a winner and thank for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see a post from you! That bread looks amazing. I'm pretty sure I remember it from the first time you posted it. I love that you showed us the well-used recipe. That's evidence that's it's a keeper! I've subscribed to your blog. I used to get it through Bloglovin', but I don't use that service anymore. Hopefully, I'll get notices when you do post. I received a confirmation, so I should.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across your blog from another blog (don't remember which one:) I too have a blog...I leave it, come back to it, leave it again...you get the picture! I do love to write, however, so I try to hang in there!!! Your bread recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HELLO Sweet AnneMarie! I have been in and out of blogging, too, but it is just wonderful to see a post from you here. That bread sounds delicious and I am sure I could eat the whole thing by myself. I hope you have a great night-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was such a delight to see a posting from you!

    I bet this is one delicious recipe that I can count on, because you always share great recipes.

    So nice to visit with you this evening ♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnnMarie, I love seeing your name pop up in my feed!! Hope you are well and hoping you do come back to blogging, I miss reading your posts!! Happy fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't remember getting this but it may be me. Going to resubscribe to you post via email in hopes of seeing any blogging you may do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".