Monday, May 4, 2015

Brownie Trifle

Trifle:

"British
a cold dessert of sponge cake and fruit covered with layers of custard, jelly, and cream"
 
Or whatever ingredients your little heart desires!
 


I am the kind of baker that likes to have too many goodies as opposed to not enough to share when I bake for an event or a meal but often have lots of leftovers! Am I the only baker like that?

Dessert is the most important part of the meal to me but others like to fill up during the meal and leave no room for it, even though I constantly remind them to do so throughout the meal!

Such was the case when we held our Grand Opening Open House for the new facility for our community theatre. Too many desserts despite my promptings to please indulge in them!

I just can't stand throwing anything sweet out even though some were just a box brownie mix (really good from Aldi's, by the way!)  I stuck them all in the freezer knowing someday soon there would be an occasion to use them up. There were frosted brownies and Oreo M & M bars.

They were so moist that it was hard to cut them square
let alone pick them up to eat.  I had to put them in little paper cups.
This past weekend I needed a dessert to bring to a picnic at my daughter's. Luckily I had some cool whip, a box of instant chocolate pudding on hand and of course all my frozen goodies in the freezer! Brownie Trifle!

I made the pudding, defrosted the cool whip and goodies and in about 10 minutes I had a really easy, quick, decadent dessert.....Trifle.

 
I used a medium size glass mixing bowl and started the layering with the pudding. I have a trifle bowl like the one in the first picture but just can't bring myself to take it out of the house where it can be broken! All you need is a glass bowl so you can see your layers when you are done.
 


Add some broken up brownies and Oreo bars on top of the pudding, a layer of cool whip and repeat till the bowl is filled.
 
Mine ended with pudding so I just sprinkled some more brownies and used up the rest of the cool whip. Sprinkles on top are optional!
 

 
Mmmm, look at this from the side....
 
 
I did not get a chance to get a picture of a scoop of this yummy dessert in a bowl. It was devoured in a few minutes, even though the guests all had their fill of hot dogs and hamburgers!
 
Who can resist chocolate at the end of a meal filled with comfort food?
 
Not me!
 
 
AnnMarie xoxo
 
 
I am sharing with these great blog parties:
 

 

19 comments :

  1. What a great idea...and now I NEED chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brownie trifle looks really good...and easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm! What a great idea for leftovers like that....I seem to always end up eating them myself!





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...I need this. No, I don't need this. I WANT this!

      Delete
  4. Oh AnnMarie, it's almost 9:30 at night and you have me craving sugar! I agree with Cecilia....I NEED chocolate :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I have done exactly what you have done MANY times ! I save leftover brownies (edge pieces etc) and freeze them. When I have enough, then I throw together what I call a Chocolate Mess and everyone devours it! It is exactly as yours, chocolate pudding and homemade whipping cream - yum yum! This is my first time to visit you today (from Enchanting Rose), and so glad I've found you. Already feel like I know you, lol! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desserts my favorite, too, AnnMarie :) (And I'm a big fan of Aldi's brownies as well!). I'm going to have to keep this idea in mind as we begin our family picnics and BBQs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just like you - I always have WAY too much dessert! The trifle looks amazing, AnnMarie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love your creative dessert minded creativity and of course chocolate!
    How could you do this to me at this time of the evening! Such a pretty dessert, so going to steal your idea!
    xx
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this looks delish! I love dessert first, why not eat the best first, right!! Thanks for stopping by, love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I just gained 10 pounds looking at this luscious dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning AnnMarie, I am a nut for sweets and love finding great and different desserts to serve when we have company. This one would look so cute layered in small mason jars :) Thanks for visiting my blog . . . it bought me here and now I am following. Please accept my invitation to visit again and to follow me back. I adore making new blogging friends. Any friend of Nancy's is a friend of mine . . . she is a sweetie pie:) Happy to meet you.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration, my friend! I wish I could reach into the computer and enjoy a bite...or five :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm... I love trifle...any kind! This looks amazing! I love dessert but just don't make it often...unless there company coming. I guess I am one of those who pig out on the food and then don't have room for it. After looking at this, I think I could make room! Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks delicious. I haven't had dinner yet, so I just decided to have dessert instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear AnnMarie, I love dessert too. I always like to make more than needed too. I love sending my brother home with goodies when he comes.
    The dinner that your husband is preparing sounds wonderful; healthy and delicious.
    I wish you a beautiful Mother's Day filled with many blessings. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so amazing! And perfect! How did you get the strawberries to stand in line?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol! :-) I never have to worry about too many desserts with my husband, but what a great idea.
    Ooh that triffle looks devine!
    Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my dad,I do covet them, Ann-Marie

    Joy to you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a yummy-sounding use of leftover desserts. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".