Thursday, May 28, 2015

Crazy for Aqua!



I originally thought this post was just going to be about the aqua touches I have been adding to my front porch. I started adding my new favorite color last year with this vintage chair I got at a barn sale for $2 and the reproduction vintage watering can I probably paid too much for! This year I have just gone more crazy for aqua and keep finding new ways to add it in.



And, as I was working around the yard and even when I went for a walk I realized I had even more aqua to show you.

 
Starting on the front porch....
 
 
I saw this idea for a colander planter a while ago and I just happened to have picked up the aqua colander purely for it's color. I found the weighing plate of a vintage kitchen scale at a local vintage/gift shop. I had a hook on the front porch just waiting for something new. I planted Lobelia in it and now I am just waiting for it all to fill in and out.

 
 
I found the chair with the rush seat on the side of the road last year and immediately painted it in aqua chalk paint. Picking through my own basement turned up the 80's style birdcage that got a quick spray paint of a lighter aqua.

 
The nest was found in our yard under the pine tree and the paper mache birdie was already in the cage.



Even my little hand painted flower pot has aqua flowers!



I found this great iron wall hanging at a yard sale last year and it just ended up in the basement. Finding it again in all my porch stuff was fun and I knew it too was going to get a coat of light aqua. I only did one coat and kinda liked how the original dark color came through. I left it like that for now and hung it up.




A close up.....does it need another coat?

 
The original brass house numbers are in an odd spot and so darkened that no one can find my house! I got the brilliant idea to paint them aqua! They show now!
 

 
Just around the side of the front porch is a small area where iris are planted. I stuck this hand made teacup garden stake in there. The plate and hand painting just happens to be aqua!



Down the side of the house are massive amounts of greenery and varieties of foliage that were here when we bought the house. These cute Forget Me Nots are aqua and I love when they appear every year.


There are some on the other side of the yard too!


Another item picked from my own house is this wire planter. I spray painted it aqua last year when the aqua craze started. The Lobelia is starting to fill in.

 
This chair was lovingly painted aqua last year and then it got quite worn over the summer from all the rain. I took it out this year to repaint it and decided I really liked the bare look with just a hint of color. Those huge impatiens better fill out to 12" wide like the girl at the garden center told me!
 

 
I have decided that I love all shades of aqua....pale, like on the birdcage, to the bright, rich aqua like on the colander and all the other shades in between.
 
I recently bought a pair of Skecher's for a diabetes walk I was going on. I chose them for the color of the shoelaces.
 
Aqua!
 


I would love to add aqua somewhere inside the house, and I have a plan in the works, but that is for a winter project and a future post!

Is there a color you just can't get enough of?

AnnMarie xoxo

I am linking up with these fun blog parties:

 Share Your Style
What's It Wednesday
Chic By You Wednesday Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
 Home and GardenThursday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Best of the Weekend
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Anything Blue Friday
Something to Talk About Link Party
Make It Pretty Monday

28 comments :

  1. I love aqua too. Love that paper mache bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a red addict, but aqua in the spring and summer is a close second! Pretty post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decor! Aqua goes good every day! Please come share at my party!
    http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2015/05/chic-by-you-wednesday-linky-party-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your aqua touches, AnnMarie :) Love the colander and no I think one coat is enough on your metal wall hanging. Love the chair that the rain has worn down to bits of aqua on its legs. So nice to see everyone's gardens beginning to produce :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your aqua accents!!! It works really well on the house numbers against the red door, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the light aqua that you have everywhere! It is so soothing! I guess I am not partial to any color, except I do have lots of burgundy and green in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you change the decor of your porch for the seasons. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi AnnMarie, Love your aqua touches and I can so relate as I have done the same thing. In fact, a few weeks ago I painted my grandmother's last and very old dining room chair aqua. Your porch is so pretty and inviting. Love the aqua colander too.
    Have a great weekend. Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  9. From one aqua lover to another. . .fabulous! I picked up a speckled aqua colander at a yard sale with plans to plant it. After I washed it up it was so cute that I decided to use it inside. I love the combination of red and aqua and have drooled over that chair and watering can ever since you first showed it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great... so easy on the eye! I love the iron wall hanging... I have one out on our deck and it is ivory...wondering if I should spray it to match our deck furniture now. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love aqua color too. You are so inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am crazy for aqua too! your pieces look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your aqua touches! That worn chair is so lovely just the way it is, and I don't think you need another coat on the metal wall hanging. It's looks great! I love aqua, but you know pink is my favourite colour. In my world aqua and pink go beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your porch, AnnMarie, but the aqua really makes it special! I love the chairs, and all of the metal pieces (no, don't do another coat!), and I just love the house numbers on the red door!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, I love aqua too! I just love the touches of aqua that you have throughout your garden and home. I was especially awed by the old watering can that you found in the aqua shade - wow! Such beautiful little touches to your amazing garden!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful color! Its both fresh and cool for the hot months ahead.
    Eilis@MyHeartLivesHere

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've looked at the post twice and still can't pick a favorite. I just love all your ideas and handmades, so pretty.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love aqua, too. I like all the touches you have of it. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving, pinning, and sharing all these lovely aqua items - especially love the chairs! The red chairs look like a mother and child to me :>)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those rusted pieces with the aqua. The watering can is my favorite. I enjoyed the aqua tour of your home, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite color! That cute watering can sure doesn't look like a reproduction to me. Love the chair and every one of your aqua touches. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all of your aqua accessories, AnnMarie. Such a soft calming color that goes with everything and looks good everywhere!
    Thank you so much for your lovely visit.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  23. AnnMarie, I love the color too and added accents last summer! I can't believe you got that chair for $2--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You make me smile, dear AnnMarie :) I am in love with your aqua pretties. The chair is fabulous and I absolutely LOVE the sweet bird.

    Have a wonderful week, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Aqua on the wall scroll and house numbers! So clever!
    Thanks for sharing at Something to Talk About!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great accent color! Whimsical and timeless at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi AnnMarie! Letting you know that I'll be featuring your "Aqua" post tonight at Best of the Weekend! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the aqua colors. It is such a wonderful summer color. I really like your reproduction watering can and the chair with the flower pot! I used to have one similar at our previous home and it was my favorite planter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".